Monday, August 30, 2010

Dancing With the Hasbeens

Well, another year is about to begin of the show I never thought was going to last. Tonight the Dancing With the Stars Season 11 (holy.) cast was revealed. While I was reading the supposed chosen ones, I couldn't help but think that the show is getting really good at casting celebrity hasbeens. Seriously. Michael Bolton!? Rick Fox!? Jennifer Grey!? Mrs. Brady!? (Are you tired of my "!?"'s yet!? Too bad, there's one more.) David Hasselhoff!? I just don't understand! Maybe my initial reaction to the show was right on for my age group because they sure are casting for the Early Bird Special folk. Don't get me wrong, there are a couple recent headliners in there. Jersey Shore got their plug in there with Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino and now that The Hills are over, Audrina will be spending her free time dancing in a ballroom rather than a club. That just leaves the typical contestant who has a dancing background...cue Brandy. The athlete...cue Kurt Warner. Oh and don't forget the controversial "I don't like the fame" (think Kate Gosselin) contestant...cue Bristol Palin.


Looks like they covered all the bases again. Good work ABC. Unfortunately, I still won't watch.

What do you think? Which "stars" would make you watch the predictable DWTS?

1 comment: