Monday, August 30, 2010

Primetime Emmy's 2010

Every year the Emmy's are packed with gorgeous dresses, well known people, and pounds of makeup. 2010 did not disappoint! The girls really stepped it up this year with several beautiful gowns that I really couldn't narrow it down to a top 3! Clare Danes in Armani Prive, January Jones in Versace, Keri Russell in Jean-Louis Scherrer, Tina Fey in Oscar de la Renta, and Kyra Sedgwick in Monique Lhullier all stole the show on the red carpet. Never to be outdone, the men of the evening looked quite dapper themselves. But let's be honest, as a girl I'm not really judging how a guy looks on his tuxedo. I mean, if Zac Efron or Liam Hemsworth showed up to the Emmy's in Batman and Robin suits I would still put them on the Best Dressed list.

Besides the fashion, there was another tiny aspect to the award show last night...the actual awards. Now, being an avid TV follower, the Emmy's usually turn into a competition that involve the nominees being read, pausing the DVR, taking a quick poll from the few brave souls watching with me of who's going to win, and then not-so-silently celebrating my winning pick. For me, it was all about Modern Family this year. If you have been living under a rock or are on some kind of hippie "No TV" kick, Modern Family is easily the best show on television at the moment. Yeah there's the nonstop drama of shows like Grey's Anatomy or Lost (RIP), but there is no comparison to this laugh-out-loud piece of heaven. Needless to say I was thrilled when MF won for Comedy Series, Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series (Eric Stonestreet/"Cam"), and Writing for a Comedy Series. My show did pretty dang good for its first season out!

There were a few other big winners of the night including Mad Men, Temple Grandin (which, I'm sorry, but Who!?), and Kyra Sedgwick (first win after 5 nominations!). The show was pretty funny with Jimmy Fallon hosting and you can't go wrong with all that George Clooney humor! However, apparently I am missing out on some dang good shows by not having HBO! Oh well, for now I'm happy with the hilariously awkward clan of Modern Family. Next year, Cougar Town anybody!?

No comments:

Post a Comment