Sunday, November 21, 2010

AMAs!

When I was in high school, I overheard this guy say, "The AMA's are like a girl's Superbowl".
I happen to completely agree.
Not only are the American Music Awards filled with performances from all the best musicians but the red carpet is just busting with fashion.
Now I haven't watched the show yet (I go home for Thanksgiving tomorrow...where it is DVR'd...no commercials > tiny dorm room TV screen with commercials) but the winners, of course, have already been posted.  Lucky for you trusty TPAMP followers, you will not only be filled it on who won what, but you also get to hear how I feel about it!  So great, right?!

ARTIST OF THE YEAR
• Justin Bieber

POP/ROCK
• Male Artist: Justin Bieber
• Female Artist: Lady Gaga
• Band, Duo or Group: The Black Eyed Peas
• Album: Justin Bieber, My World 2.0 

SOUL/R&B
• Male Artist: Usher
• Female Artist: Rihanna
• Album: Usher, Raymond Vs. Raymond 

RAP/HIP-HOP
• Male Artist: Eminem
• Album: Eminem, Recovery 

COUNTRY
• Male Artist: Brad Paisley
• Female Artist: Taylor Swift
• Band, Duo or Group: Lady Antebellum
• Album:  Carrie UnderwoodPlay On

ADULT CONTEMPORARY
• Artist: Michael BublĂ©

ALTERNATIVE ROCK
• Artist: Muse

LATIN
• Artist: Shakira

CONTEMPORARY INSPIRATIONAL
• Artist: MercyMe

SOUNDTRACK
• Album: Glee: The Music, Volume 3--Showstoppers

T-MOBILE BREAKTHROUGH ARTIST
• Justin Bieber




Umm yeah, I don't know if you caught that but Justin Bieber won four AMAs.  FOUR!  I'm sorry if I offend any Beliebers right now but I mean, come on!  Top Pop/Rock Male Artist and Album of the Year!?  ARTIST OF THE YEAR!?  Something is happening in this world and it ain't good.  I'd like to issue a public apology to all the artists in the entire music industry.


On a more positive thought, the Country genre got it exactly right.  Like always.  So happy my girls won and Brad Paisley is finally having a great awards season.

Fashion wise:
Taylor Swift...halle-freaking-leuia!  She looked so great and her hair was straight and she had bangs and she wore a cute sparkly dress!  Whew!  So glad she decided to change it up a little bit.  She looked like an old-fashioned Barbie a little bit!  Loved.  It.

Miley Cyrus...gotta hand it to Miley, the girl knows how to dress up (or has a great stylist).  Love what she did with her simple hair, not too long and extension-y (you know what I mean.)

Rihanna has hair again people!  Not super crazy about her dress however.  And the fact that her hair was the same color.

Katy Perry is so stinking cute.  I might be the first person to say that but really I just think she's gorgeous!  And she looked so newlywed-glowy which definitely didn't hurt.  

Don't even get me started on Ke$ha.

I didn't even recognize Julianne Hough!  Hate to say it but I think Seacrest is aging her a little...not that she wasn't still drop-dead gorgeous.

Plenty more but these were some that stood out.  Check out E!'s photo gallery to see everyone in their red carpet glory.

Sorry for the ginormous post but that was worth it, right?!  Now you will be so on it when the cute girl who sits next to you in class brings it up tomorrow!  Planning on watching the actual show tomorrow, check back to hear about the performances if you missed it or sound off in the comments below if you're dying to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment